I am a full-stack software engineer with 11+ years experience creating highly performant and usable products, websites, desktop applications, and browser extensions.
- Web app development with Next.js, GraphQL and Typescript.
- Creation of component library with Storybook to showcase and document
- Break down problems into solutions and solutions into tasks, creating prototypes when required
- Desktop Application and Browser Extension development
- Optimise Performance of each of our sites and products and automate testing and CI for each deployment.
- I created custom performant WordPress and Expression Engine sites
- I hand-crafted a node tool to benchmark and monitor Business Sites using the Web Page Test API and display with React
- Perform performance audits and carry out improvements on business and society sites
- Creating new components and pages using React/Relay and Less from Photoshop designs
- Implementing Webpack into the development process to allow for code modularity, linting, and writing future JS (ES2015) code with Babel
- Applying BEM code methodology for new CSS components
- I created highly customised WordPress sites from Photoshop designs, with custom post-types, taxonomies, meta boxes, shortcodes and functions.
- The sites were performant, using best practices and technologies, built within budget and in timeframes.
- Pre-launch client training, dealing with any client feedback via Basecamp or telephon
- I built highly accessible websites for clients including HSBC, RBS and Grant Thornton
- Using CMSs such as WordPress, CQ5 and Sitecore to allow the client to control all content on their site
- Knowledge Sharing through weekly masterclass sessions (I ran three : WordPress; CSS3; and Sass)
- TypeScript, React, and Node
- CSS (scss / CSS / CSS-in-JS / CSS Modules)
- GraphQL, Apollo, and Databases (Firebase and Postgres)
- Serverless functions with custom API routes
- Gatsby, Next.js, Eleventy, and CMS including WordPress
- Modular components and showcasing with Storybook
- Electron and Browser Extension development
Here are a selection of the sites, app and browser extension that I have made:
- MergeCoin (WIP) a Github based team productivity app that incentivizes and rewards PR code and reviews. Tailwind, NextJS, Github API.
TrueNorth - marketing web app using NextJS, Typescript, GraphQL, Apollo, Prisma, with a Material-UI based component library.
Serene App – Productivity Application for MacOS users using Electron, Firebase, React and nodejs. and companion Browser Extensions
Serene Chrome Extension using React, socket.io, Firebase and WebExtensions API.
brokernotes.co – turn into Progressive Web App (PWA) and add new features with React, the WordPress Rest API and WordPress.
ventureharbour.com – turn into Progressive Web App (PWA) and add new features.
photocrowd.com – front-end development with React/Relay, Less, and webpack
electrichosting.net – WordPress site using ACF Pro so any part of the site was manageable by the client
allistergodfrey.com – custom responsive WordPress site with many interactive features, galleries, and css transitions
ojwmanagement.com – single page responsive WordPress site with flexbox, responsive images, and SVG
blog.oup.com – responsive WordPress blog for Oxford University Press
epf.cc – responsive single page WordPress site
github.com/bigandy – my GitHub account
andrewhudson.dev – This site - powered currently by Eleventy using data exported from my old WordPress site. PostCSS for the CSS.
Codepen: personal and work
- Masters CIW Web Designer
- MChem (hons) Chemistry – University of Manchester